18 November 2009

How Easily We Forget

I will never forget where I was on September 11th. I was in a doctor's office, and the towers had already been hit, although there was no clear idea just how serious the damage was yet, if my memory serves correctly today.

It was a neurologist's office, you see. I suffered a head injury a long time ago, and as a consequence, my memory is, to some (small) degree, impaired. I can remember recent events - I can remember many years...

I just can't remember my childhood. Oh well.

But back to 9-11. My horror when the Towers fell was no less than anyone else, and the torture the events of that day induced on this country, let alone the families of those who died that day, was not only unbearable, it was unbelievable.

We swore, as a nation, that day, to never forget the horror of New York's violation, and we promised that those who were responsible would see the justice they were due for their terrible actions.

They were captured, and at Gitmo, they confessed. They asked to be put to death. They believed, after all, that all the pleasures of a Islamic martyrdom were waiting for them in the afterlife. They wanted to be martyrs, remembered as a reason for those who followed to commit ever more terrible acts in the name of their God.

Fast-forward to 2009, and the Presidency of Barack H. Obama. Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and the Democrats are making the decisions for the people of our nation, whether the people like those decisions or not. Gitmo is something the Democrats have demonized, and the acts of torture that were necessary there in order to protect our nation (these are terrorists... not American citizens, and they are not due the rights of American citizens) are something they consider a horror.

Now, we have the monsters returning to New York City, and the President and his political associates do not seem to understand the danger they are putting New York in. Once again, all that matters are HIS (THEIR) beliefs, and not the wants of the people.

New York has been bled enough by those monsters, Mr. President.

Leave us alone.

No comments: